runtime version for Windows 9x,NT,2000,XP
download and unpack the runtime version, which already includes:
- the driver package including three applications
- IBM Java Runtime Environment 1.1.8
- Java Commapi 2.0 and Quicktime for Java
- If you want to use the trackerQTVR application you will have to install QuickTime
- install the Java Development Kit 1.1 or higher, if not
- install the javax.comm package,
the Java SerialPort driver.
- download and add vio.jar to your CLASSPATH
or copy vio.jar to your jre/lib/ext directory
- test your installation by compiling and running "java vio.app.trackerTest"
- If you want to use the trackerQTVR application you will have to install QuickTime and QuickTime for Java
tips for Linux users
- the JDK 1.1.8 and Java2 for Linux is available at http://www.blackdown.org/
- RXTX which provides commapi support for Linux is available at http://www.rxtx.org/
- trackerQTVR will not work under Linux, because there is no QuickTime for Linux.
- Java3D now is also fully supported under Linux